Friday, November 28, 2008

Have You Heard the Latest Ehud Olmert Joke?

Well, I haven't, but just hearing his name I



laugh.

P.S.

Just in case no one thought the above was funny, I found one joke that Yossi Klein-Halevi published (which means that if you don't think it funny, blame him)

What do Olmert and the Torah have in common? Parshat hashavuah -- a Hebrew term that translates as 'the weekly Torah reading' but could also mean the "scandal of the week."

Actually, in the version I first heard, an Orthodox Jew keeps hugging Olmert incessantly while Olmert is on a visit to N.Y. Olmert, trying to shake the man off, asks why he's being hugged so. "Why, for me, you are a Sefer Torah (the Scroll of the Torah)." Aghast at the comparison, Olmert queries, "How could you compare me to the holy Book of the Law?" and the man replies, "Because just like with the Torah, every week there's another parashah (with parahsa meaning scandal).

No comments: