Friday, November 19, 2010

IBA's English News 20th Birthday Party

My wife and I I, and other friends, attended the 20th Birthday Party of IBA;s English News, which broadcasts with my occasional appearances.  Greer Fay Cashman's piece here.

Great event, great enjoyment.

For those who couldn't be there, photographs but the lighting was terrible for a simple digital camera:

a) the cake (which we missed as we left early to attend my son's tackle football game - which his team won):


b)  Department Director Steve Leibowitz, a four-decades friend:

c)  Deputy Director Leah Zinder:

d)  Yochanan Elrom (r) and Laura Cornfield
e)  Eli Wohlgelernter (l) and new news reader, Erielle Reshef (l) with her husband Daniel:

f)  Reporter, interviewer and newsreader Erin Viner (r):

g)  Batya Medad:

h) Steve addressing the crowd in the Nakdi TV studio:

i) Public Relations and Consultant Charley Levine:

j) More of the crowd (Jordanna Miller is seated to the far left), Anan Safadi (two seats to the right), Ruthie Blum-Leibowitz (three seats further over to the right), Eriele and Erin, Dennis Zinn (last on the right):

Some who didn't attend were Sheila Zucker, Leah Stern among others.

There's a 20 minute+ long film at IBA TV Closeup.


3 comments:

Judith said...

Thanks for your blog. I wonder what ever became of previous commentators, where they are now, and what they are doing. Any ideas?

Judith

news english said...

It's good that news can be translated in English. It helps people improve their English grammar and becomes fluent with the international language.

Drew Watts said...

Ooh! Even their parties are fantastic. I am completing my mass communication program and I would like to join a channel just like this in future. Right now, I am eagerly waiting for my graduation party which is in an outdoor party venue. Also, I can’t wait to be a part of this channel.