Monday, May 14, 2012

An Offer Beinart Will Refuse?

Or will he?

It's from my friend Ronnn Torossian

I am prepared to make a 6 figure donation to J Street and/or Peter Beinart. My $100,000 gift comes with a simple condition – they have to speak to Arabs as they do to the Jewish community. Among my objections to these misguided peace-seekers is that they preach almost exclusively to the Jewish community and Western audiences about peace in the Middle East – and are ignoring the need to address Arab communities in their countries, whose participation is of course necessary to achieve the peace that they so clamor for. I was inspired to make this offer after reading Peter Beinart’s ‘Open Zion’ blog introduction that speaks of “official Jewish discourse” but says nothing of “official Arab discourse.”


For the challenge, they must pick three Middle Eastern Arab countries as well as Gaza, and speak in open advertised forums including Mosques and Universities. They must also travel without security as they do in Israel and Jewish communities. Upon completion of this tour I will sign the check, which I am prepared to place in escrow today with attorneys. J Street President Mr. Jeremy Ben Ami and Mr. Peter Beinart simply need to preach their message of co-existence in the Arab world.

Is that an offer they can't or can refuse?

^


1 comment:

Juniper in the Desert said...

Off topic but I thought the ladies in your family might be interested. I seem to recall a post either here or Israel Matzav asking if there were modern clothes suitable for religious women.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2142543/Oy-Socialite-Olivia-Palermo-style-icon-Orthodox-Jewish-women.html